Monday, December 29, 2008

SIR, YES SIR!!!!!


During phojo school, my assignment was to create a picture story. I decided to create a "right way/wrong way" for military bearing.
I was fortunate to have willing members of the Air Force to help. Students assigned to Fort Meade, Md., studying a myriad of visual production careers, were more than happy to help me create my picture story, (I received an A). The center pic is every one's favorite and hangs in several military offices around the world. I came across a military training instructor during my last trip to Fort Meade, and he showed me it's prominent place of honor, behind his desk.
Picture stories are a way of reminding the photographer, and certainly this photographer, to look for the story as well as the "wow" picture.
If you want to learn more about photography, create a picture story with most every thing you shoot. Anyone can shoot a great picture, but telling a story, that is a completely different way of looking at the shot. A picture story is comprised of an establishing shot, wide angles, closeups and extreme closeups. This will help you see the the picture in a whole different light, and help you tell the picture's story even if you shoot only one pic.

No comments: